Conflict Sensitivity Officer – Conflict Sensitivity Community Hub
Salary: £10,972 p/a (Full time equivalent £21,944)
Closing Date: 17:00 UK time, 15 September 2019
About the Role
The CSC Hub engages in expanding conflict sensitivity practice into different contexts, sharing skills and knowledge around conflict sensitivity among participants and advocating for conflict sensitive practice within the international assistance sector generally.
Peaceful Change initiative is taking on the coordination role for the CSC Hub from October 2019 to September 2020 and is looking for a part-time junior officer to support some of the practical tasks associated with this.
Under the supervision of PCi’s Senior Conflict Sensitivity Advisor, the Conflict Sensitivity Officer – Conflict Sensitivity Community Hub, will contribute to PCi’s coordination of the CSC Hub.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Organising regular web-based consultations with CSC Hub members around CSC Hub activities, taking notes and providing facilitation;
- Communicating with CSC Hub members about events, discussions and other activities;
- Providing organisational and logistical support to CSC Hub activities, such as meetings, panels, workshops etc., guided by the Senior Conflict Sensitivity Advisor;
- Supporting the admin and budget work of the CSC Hub, as necessary, in close collaboration with the Senior Conflict Sensitivity Advisor and PCi’s operations team;
- Contributing to development of the CSC Hub, including identifying and communicating with new members, preparing communications materials and updating the CSC Hub website;
- Contributing to, undertaking research for, and/or reviewing CSC Hub knowledge products, research and documents;
- Participating in and contributing to CSC Hub technical discussions;
- Participating in staff trainings offered by PCi; and
- Other relevant tasks as directed.