Our latest annual report reflects on some of the achievements we had but also on the challenges we faced building peace in the last year.
With programmes in North Africa (Libya), Western Balkans (Serbia-Kosovo) and Europe/Switzerland (Syria) we also maintained contacts with different stakeholders in Ukraine and the South Caucasus. Our work in the year is detailed in our Annual Report, below, alongside our financial statements. Our key charitable programme activities in the year are highlighted below.
In Libya, through the Social Peace and Local Development Project (SPLD), we:
- Continued to support more than 20 Social Peace Partnerships (SPPs) comprising 563 members, strengthening social cohesion across Libya;
- Deepened the development of a cadre of 20 peacebuilding professionals who provide support to the SPPs as well as disseminating the SPLD approach;
- Strengthened the approach to women, peace and security through implementation of a new project component focused on gender in six municipalities;
- Created Livelihood opportunities through a new project component that addressed economic stressors, including conflict and COVID-19, that negatively impact on community relations, gender equality and social inclusion;
- Supported a network of 36 peacebuilding practitioners who carry out peace actions involving 26 communities across the country.
In Serbia-Kosovo, our key achievements included:
- Five Media Consultation Dialogues brought together media professionals from Serbia and Kosovo to work to end divisive narratives;
- A Rapid Response mechanism was established in Kosovo to assess the impact of COVID-19 on non-majority communities, to support an advocacy strategy and increase awareness amongst government stakeholders on challenges facing these communities.
In Switzerland, we engaged with the UN-led peace negotiation processes concerning Syria by providing capacity-building support to the political opposition delegation representation in Geneva. No activities took place inside Syria.
Download the Annual Report and Audited Financial Statements (31 March 2021-30 March 2022) here.