Livelihoods Specialist Consultant to support the implementation of livelihoods interventions in 6 Libyan Municipalities
About the role
Peaceful Change initiative (PCi) is looking to recruit a Livelihoods Specialist Consultant with a proven track record in livelihood project management to provide strategic advice and guidance on PCi’s expanding livelihood programming in Libya.
The ideal consultant for this assignment is a self-starter professional with excellent project management and analytical skills, knowledge of economic development, and experience in designing and implementing effective livelihood interventions in conflict-affected countries.
Essential Skills and Practice
- Postgraduate Degree in a relevant subject or demonstrable equivalent experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in the peacebuilding, development, or humanitarian sectors
- Demonstrable knowledge of the nexus between livelihoods and peace, and proven experience in designing and implementing impactful livelihood interventions in fragile contexts
- Demonstrable knowledge of MEL processes, including proven experience of designing Monitoring and Evaluation methodologies with tailored indicators and tools, and conducting impact assessments
- Experience of designing risk mitigation plans for the implementation of programmes in conflict-affected or fragile contexts, with a good understanding of conflict sensitivity applied to livelihood programmes.
- Excellent analytical and English writing skills, with proven experience of producing high-quality donor reports and research/policy publications for external audiences
- Experience working with diverse teams; experience living/working in challenging environments
- Experience in developing creative and agile solutions to challenges that occur due to insecurity and conflict
- Knowledge of the Libyan context and experience of implementing programmes in Libya
- Fluency in Arabic
- Willing to model values of inclusion, dialogue, and collaboration
To apply for this assignment, please review the full job description here and send your CV and a short covering letter highlighting your relevant experience and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 4th June 2021.
National Grants Officer
About the role
Peaceful Change initiative (PCi) is looking for a Grants Officer to support the implementation of grants scheme throughout Libya.
The National Grants Officer will be based in Tripoli and will be managed by an International Grants Manager based overseas. They will work in close cooperation with staff in PCi’s Libya offices in Tripoli and Benghazi.
- At least 3 years proven experience in working on grants schemes, preferably in conflict or politically complex environments.
- Experience developing monitoring plans and strategies for increasing the capacity of grant recipients.
- Proven experience in grants management (planning, implementation, financial reporting, and monitoring and evaluation).
- Proven experience in working effectively in a small team.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to build effective relationships with others.
- Flexibility and patience.
- Ability to put yourself into others’ shoes and think from their point of view is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in English language.
- Must exhibit a flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment the ability to meet unexpected demands.
- Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to support and respond to the needs of the field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with strong skills in Excel.
Please review the full job description here and send your CV, accompanied by a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4), describing how your skills and experience match our requirements, to email@example.com.